A bit about me...

Hello, hello! I am a substitute teacher with Mobile County Public School Systems and a full-time student at the University of South Alabama. I am working on my Bachelor's degree in Physical Education and hope to coach volleyball in addition to teaching. I have been a wife and mother for the past twenty years. My "career" began as a soldier in the United States Army and has included such jobs as Bookeeper and Medical Office Manager. I have also volunteered with the American Red Cross and the Girl Scouts and I referee high school volleyball. I am looking forward to teaching!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Useful Technology for Teachers or Anyone

Technology is essential to teachers when proposing to instruct students of today and tomorrow. So far in my Educational Media class at the University of South Alabama, I have learned how to blog, make an iGoogle page, give a Power Point presentation, and am learning to create and utilize a personal learning network. I have also collaborated on a videopodcast and contributed to a "wiki." All of these experiences to date, and I'm sure, the technological instruction I have yet to receive, will benefit me in the classroom when I begin to teach. I need only choose how and when to implement them for the benefit of my students. Of course, any of the technology I have learned about could also be used by just about anyone. It is fun and helpful, interesting and exciting. I would suggest to anyone, teacher or not, to learn as much as possible about the technology available today.

No comments:

Post a Comment